The news that Adam is a redhead has been a revelation to many this week. The fact that The Archers documentary is transmitted via the medium of the wireless means that there are other visual aspects of everyday life in Ambridge that do surprise the uninitiated.
Here are ten facts about Ambridge which may have gone unnoticed:
1. Ed and William Grundy record all of their arguments naked, wrestling in front of an open fire. Both are inspired by DH Lawrence and the cinema of Ken Russell.
2. Oliver Stirling is greatly influenced by the comedian and story-teller Eddie Izzard. He often goes off on stream of consciousness flights of fancy (he did, after all, marry Caroline) but the influence is most seen in Oliver's choice of attire. He is usually to be found wearing women's clothing, a particularly fetching sight when he ia also smoking his pipe.
3. The Laurels is actually a theme park on the outskirts of Birmingham. It has the longest and highest roller-coaster outside Las Vegas, with a particularly steep turn recently renamed "Antrobus Corner" in memory of dear Marjorie, who was the ride's most regular visitor.
4. Lower Loxley is a bungalow.
5. Lynda Snell uses the term 'bicycle' very loosely. She does in fact ride a Penny Farthing. If you listen very carefully, you will note that she is speaking from a higher level than others. She is, indeed, talking down to everyone.
6. Josh and Ben Archer are actually badgers. Part of David's punishment for his badgercide was to adopt and domesticate two badgers from the wild. So far, so good.
7. Emma Grundy smiles.
8. Jaxx is a lap dancing club. Although that won't come as any surprise, it's important that it be confirmed.
9. Jennifer drives around in a Meals-on-Wheels van, with a permanent supply of venison casserole, ready to interrupt at every conceivable occasion.
10. Lilian and Matt are in their late teens. Let that be a lesson to you.
There are of course other aspects of Ambridge life which are not immediately obvious to the listener. If you are party to any knowledge that you believe should be shared, please post it below or direct to @TonysConsultant.